Monday 1 October 2012

My wedding seems like ages ago now but I still love to look at the pictures and think, a) how much i love my husband and what a wonderful day it was and, b) how much i love my make up!

I decided from the outset that i would do my own bridal make up, not just because i love doing it but also, whenever anyone else does I feel like i look like a clown or they just didn't get what i wanted.

One time i made the mistake of having a makeover on my lunch break at a beauty counter in a large department store in Central London.  What was i thinking?!  When i looked in the mirror at the end i almost burst into fits of laughter, i looked like i was about to run away with the circus and spent the next hour subtly rubbing it all off as i sat greeting clients on a busy reception desk.
I also thought, mistakenly, that i would save loads of money but I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars (we were living in the states at the time) on different types primers, brushes, foundations, concealers, cream shadows, powdered shadows...

I have a great collection of, well everything now though so it was worth all the money and i had great  fun trying it all out.  I wanted a classic, natural look to enhance my skin and features.  It had to stay put all day (not easy when your wedding is in high summer and you have an oily T zone) and look great in pictures.

Since i was a complete novice i came across Debbie Jean on the internet a few months prior to the wedding and signed up for her online make up tutorial.  I'm so glad i did!  She gave me lots of advice on colour pallets, the best brands for my needs and how and where to apply the products.
It was the best £25 i spent of the entire wedding budget.  I even got a mention on her blog - http://make-upmiracles.blogspot.co.uk/.

Anyway, enough of my waffling.  Here are a few pics that show my make up from the wedding:





No comments:

Post a Comment