Thursday 18 October 2012

Today our tutor was the fabulous Aga Borowa, bridal makeup expert and artist to the stars!

We covered base, blusher techniques, false lashes and eye liner.  So much to cover, our lessons could go on all night!

I had the pleasure of working with Festina in the afternoon, who has lovely dark skin.  We made each other up with a dewy base and eyeliner.  We were supposed to add false lashes but I didn't manage to get to them - I must work on my time management.
We both chose to use Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation - it's great to work with and can give a dewy/matte finish.  It looked lovely on Festina's skin and we were both happy with the end result though of course we have a long way to go.

Here is a pic of Festina, I must remember to take before pics as well as afters...


I couldn't post last night as I had such a bad day and left class feeling frustrated after failing miserably at creating a smokey eye - something i do all the time!  I decided to use cream products instead of powder, which I'm more used to and it was a disaster.  No pics of that one.  Oh, damn my conscience - I did say I'd upload the good, the bad and the ugly (referring to the make up and not the gorgeous model, Lucy, obviously).

I overloaded the eye with too much cream base and then layered with powder shadow.  It didn't work as there was so much cream it just kept creasing, eurgh!  I also got the shape all wrong and didn't manage to finish.  Not my best work but the base was good - Skin Base again.




Right, homework done and brushes cleaned.  We're working on lips tomorrow.  Apparently they're one of the hardest things to master.

No comments:

Post a Comment