Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Highlights

I love my MAC Strobe Cream.  It can be applied under foundation or even just on it's own to bare skin for a pretty, fresh-faced sheen.  It's also great for highlighting cheek bones, brow bones, nose and cupid's bow.  It's even full of antioxidants and very moisturising so great for your skin too!  

I'm also a big fan of Benefit's Sun Beam, a gorgeous, gold highlighting cream and am somewhat obsessed with Illamasqua's Gleam in Aurora which is a beautiful, warm, champagne coloured highlighter.  But, having already shelled out over £40 on my Strobe and Sun Beam (Mac Strobe is £22.50 and Benefit Sun Beam is  £18.50) I don't think I can justify purchasing another highlighter just yet.  So, I decided to mix my own...  

Though I love Strobe, the white cream with pink iridescent shimmer is quite cool so I thought I'd try mixing in a little of my gold highlight to add some warmth and make the overall effect a little more subtle and I'm really happy with the results:  the gorgeous, moisturising texture and goodness of Strobe with added warmth.  I still love Strobe and Sun Beam of course but now have a new one to play with too, yay!


Here you can see Strobe Cream across the top of my hand and ring finger and below it my new custom version.  



No comments:

Post a Comment