Friday 15 March 2013

Pink and silver eyes

I had meant to practice an English Rose look for an up and coming shoot, but ever since I brought my Illamasqua palettes in Empower and Complement I've been dying to try out the silver liquid metal.

Starting with the Empower palette, I ran the silver all over the eyelid up to the socket, taking the shape out to a V to wing the look.  I then blended the purple from the Complement palette into my socket and along my lash line.  I added both colours under my eyes and lined my lashes with  Illamasqua's liner in Havoc.  Using Mac's Smoulder I lined my top and bottom inner rims.  I could have used a black liner on top but I wanted to keep the look colourful and fun.

I then added the pink colour from my Empower palette to the upper lid and a little underneath in the centre to brighten the look up and added some lashes for added impact.



 
Generally speaking, I'dd add a fairly nude lip so that the eyes stand out but since I had time to play I used my medium pencil in Manic and blended a little sheer lip gloss in Violate, a deep shimmery green colour, as I was keen to see how he colours worked together and I love the result.

On my cheeks I've used Benefit's Coralista, contoured with Heroin eyeshadow by Illamasqua and highlighted brows, cheekbones, nose, lips and chin with Gleam by Illamasqua.  Finally I set the look with Mac's translucent powder.

Not exactly English Rose look but a pretty, pinky based look that would be great for a night out with the girls!













No comments:

Post a Comment