Tuesday 19 March 2013

Summer wedding/ English rose

I just created this pretty and super easy summer wedding/ English rose look using long lasting, mainly high street products.  I'll update the post with a list products but here's how to re-create the look yourself.



After priming skin, I worked layers of sheer foundation into my skin, applied concealer under eyes, around my eyes, mouth and covered any blemishes. Before setting with translucent powder I layered a pink cream blush on the apples of my cheeks.

For the eyes, I applied a pink longwear cream shadow to my lids then a mid brown into my crease.  I then popped a little shimmery pink pigment to the centre of my lid which really lifts the eye.  

Using an angled brush I lined my upper lashes with dark grey shadow followed by black waterproof mascara.  Without adding any more product to the brush I applied the same grey shadow under my lower lashes, lined my water line with a pale yellow pencil then applied mascara to my lower lashes.

Next, I defined my brows by brushing them up and into place, plucked any strays and filled in the gaps with a dark brown pencil.  Set with clear mascara.

On my lips I used a rosy pink longwear lip pencil followed by long lasting lip gloss. I've use this Lipfinity one by Max Factor a few times and, when used with the balm provided it does stay in place.  I would say it's kiss and smudge proof but you'll need to re-apply after eating. Very quick and easy to do though.

I finished up by using a matte bronzer under my cheek bones, onto my temples and chin and highlighted my brows, bridge of my nose and chin.

Finally, using a small fluffy blending brush I applied translucent powder to any areas that I don't want any shine - between my brows, sides of my nose, under eyes.

Et voila!


1 comment: