Saturday 2 March 2013

Speckled Eyeliner

As promised, yesterday I gave Illamasqua's speckled eyeliner a go...

I used Illamasqua's liquid eyeliner in Abyss to create a thick eyeliner flick.  I absolutely love this eyeliner and the brush is so easy to work with.  To create the speckles, I added a drop of Sealing Gel to my Intrigue blusher and dotted it onto the black liner.  For the version I have posted here I varied the size of the speckles per Alex Box's gorgeous version.  Mine obviously doesn't compare but with a bit more practice I could certainly have it looking a lot better.

As the day went on I decided to redo the speckles and add white dots over the liner which looked really cool and i'm definitely going to do again.  I got loads of compliments and it was a great conversation starter. I didn't get any pictures of my dotty eyeliner unfortunately but will post a pic as and when I do it again.



On my lips I used Illamasqua's medium pencil in Manic.  It's a matte finish but SO creamy and very highly pigmented so I didn't need to apply anything over the top.  Great staying power too - I had dinner and it had barely budged at all!


I love the look of the black and white eyeliner and it's so easy to do.  If you're unhappy with the white dots you can gover over with black eyeliner and redo them very quickly.  I would definitely recommend this as an easy and fun alternative to classic black liner. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this look. I wish I could get the products here as i would try for sure. I haven't heard of Illamasqua's - can you supply a link to where I can purchase. The lipstick is HOT and I agree eyeliner is so different......LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do you work at MPC New York? I go to the Beak Street London store but they are stocked in Sephora in US and you can buy online. They're products are great and around same price as MAC. http://www.illamasqua.com/

      Delete
  2. Black & gold with red lips could be cool. There is a Sephora red that goes on like cream and drys like cement you would LOVE. Doesn't budge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true, now I've tried speckled/ dotty liner I'm going to tried loads of combos. Reckon pink and blue would be cute and black and gold would be gorge. I miss Sephora! x

    ReplyDelete