Friday 14 June 2013

Glitter & Crystals for The Weekend...

I started out with a look quite similar to yesterday though I managed to get more of a matte finish to my skin to using a matte primer (as always) and then adding extra primer to my foundation.

I wanted a bit more coverage today so used Illamasqua's Skin Base and I've also added pair of Boots own brand Natural Volume lashes as I wanted to try them out. I really like them, not too long, very natural looking and comfortable to wear as they have a very thin base. And at £4 they're cheap as chips!

I created a bit more of a dramatic eyeliner flick and used pinkey/ reds on my lips (Illamasqua's Strumpet Medium Pencil & Salacious lipstick) plus Maybeline's Electric Orange gloss again.


I brought these crystals (Eye Rock Glisten Crystal Tatoos) in Boots a while ago and they've been sitting in my kit waiting for an opportunity to be used.

They come as a set of two shapes that you can transfer directly above your eye as shown on the packaging but you can easily grab the crystals off the plastic backing and apply them individually as I have with a tiny bit of Duo Glue to help them stay in place.

Using a sponge applicator, I patted Illamasqua's Berber Pure  Pigment, a shimmery auburn red to my lips, over the top of the gloss. I love the shimmery effect it adds to the lipstick and it also kind of sets the gloss giving a bit of extra staying power.
Finally I patted a touch of MAC Antique Gold glitter to the middle of my lips for extra depth & dimension.



I tried the crystals in a couple of places and prefer the below placement I think as it's a bit softer and prettier than above. What do you think?


I've really enjoyed my red lip week for #TheRedLippyProject / The Eve Appeal Charity and hope I've inspired at least one other person to wear red lips and spread the word that we must take advantage and get screened for cervical cancer as often as we can and are offered on the NHS.

Once more day to go and I think I'll try the two toned trend again tomorrow. I have done it before but it didn't photograph well so I'm going to try using a different technique and products. Watch this space!

Image courtesy of Image courtesy of http://www.kiransingh.co.uk/charity/New_Picture_2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment