Saturday 15 June 2013

Two Toned & Glossy Eye'd!

Today I wanted a two tone lip (again) and glossy eyed look.

To keep the focus on these I went for matte skin which is never easy with my oil slick of a face.
After using Illamasqua's Matt Primer I blotted any extra moisture away, applied concealer then dusted my face with MAC's Studio Fix powder foundation.

To create the two toned lip, I used my favourite red lip pencil. It's called Poppy but it's so faded I can't see the brand anymore - it's the perfect brick red/orange colour though. I filled my lips with the pencil but left out the middle where I wanted to pat the different colour. I went over the red pencil with Estee Lauder's Fire red lipstick and then, using a MAC 219 blending brush I patted Barry M's 129 light purple lipstick into the middle of my lips. I went over that with a sparkly pink lippy I brought a while ago called Crystal Gloss by Collection and blended the edges into the red.


To create a glossy eye I washed Illamasqua's Furore pigment all over my lids and blended Heroine into the socket. I also washed Fervent, a shimmery reddish brown eyeshadow, lightly over my brow bone and under my eyes, lined my top lashes with my MAC Smolder black kohl pencil, curled my lashes and coated them with two coats of black mascara.

I've started using dark brown mascara on my bottom lashes when I'm doing a more natural look on my eyes. It's a tip I read in Kevin Aucoin's brilliant book, Face Forward.

To finish my eyes I dipped my eyeshadow brush into Vaseline then into the Furore pigment and ran it over my lids to make them more glossy. This has to be the last thing you do as it creases very quickly but i think it looks cool. I used to use just Vaseline on my eyes sometimes when I was younger, then you don't have to worry about the creasing and you get a nice healthy shine.


And that's it for me in #TheRedLippyWeek. I've had a blast and learnt a lot about my products an how they work with each other - which is one of the main reasons I love creating looks for this blog.

Image courtesy of Image courtesy of http://www.kiransingh.co.uk/charity/New_Picture_2.png

3 comments:

  1. Love this clean, fresh look! A hint of the bobbi brown look you've got going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you try to enhance the picyures

    ReplyDelete