Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Quick Smokey Eye

I had decided to give myself the day off today. I've been working in the evenings and weekends on wedding trials as well as my blog everyday and was feeling a bit make up'd out. But after a little retail therapy this morning where I brought two gorgeous eye shadow palettes by Lancome & some pressed mineral foundation by Bare Minerals I was feeling better and more inspired.

Amazing what a bit of shopping can do for you hey?!

The Lancome eye shadows are both Hypnose Drama palettes. One is different shades of sparkley blue (Bain De Minuit) and the other is five smokey, sparkley greys & blacks with a pretty pink thrown in too (Mon Smokey).

Using mainly the black/ grey palette I used the shades dry. Taking the pink all over the eye, I blended the darker shades over the top, lining the black around my eyes with the sparkly black on the other corners. To lift the look I finished my washing a bit of the midnight, sparkly blue from the other palette over the lids and underneath as this added just a little warmth to the grey.

I paired the eyes with pink cheeks and pink glossy lips. I think tomorrow I'll use the same palettes and create more of a dramatic look by using a wet brush as today I used dry brushes as I wanted quite a soft look.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment