Thursday 2 May 2013

Fabulous Forties Eyeliner Flicks

I've noticed that many of my bridal clients have been asking for retro/vintage style makeup this year. In particular eyeliner flicks with red lips which, my regular readers will know, is a look I LOVE!

Today I decided to create this classic look as I wanted to try out a set of Bourjois lashes I brought last week. I have short lashes and often feel that false lashes look and feel too un-natural on me so I'm always on the look out for new pairs to try!

I really like these Bourjois More Volume Lashes, they're criss-crossed at the base which adds volume and heavier on the corners which is perfect for a winged eyeliner look. Best of all they didn't feel or look completely fake on me so they get a big thumbs up.

 

To create the eyeliner flicks and ensure they're symmetrical, I used surgical tape which is a trick I learned at London Muse and have noticed many professional makeup artists do the same. Tear off two fairly long pieces of tape and stick one down on each side as follows:

Starting at the nose, line a piece of tape up with the outer side of your nostril and the outer corner of your eye then stick it down.
Do the same with the other piece of tape for the other eye, making sure that the tape is sitting at the same angle on both sides. 

Now you can draw on your eyeliner, using the edge of tape to create a winged shape. When you're happy with your flicks, remove the tape et voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment