Friday 10 May 2013

Orange and pink, they go together right?

I woke up this morning thinking about a look with soft orange eyes and bright pink lips. Maybe because I wanted to use my Rubenesque Paint Pot by MAC

I got it ages ago and hardly ever use it as it doesn't really suit my colouring - it's a pearlescent orange/peach that looks amazing on green eyes. That said, I felt I had to use it as it was just staring at me from my kit bag. MAC Paint Pots are creamy but dry to a powder finish. They're high in pigment so can be a great base to start off an eye look. They won't budge or crease so you don't need an eyelid primer underneath.

I didn't want to do a heavy orange look, I tried it a few weeks ago and it was a disaster! So, I kept the eyes quite light with a wash of Rubenesque, some contouring in the crease for depth and then lined my top & bottom lashes with a dark brown eyeshadow using an angled brush. I used shadow rather than gel/ liquid eyeliner as I wanted a softer, more natural look.

Then I went for bright pink lips. What do you think? I like it, I think. Looks like a softer, more daytime version of my Leigh Lezarck look.


BAD pics of me today BTW - I look half asleep because my toddler has started waking at 2am and crying for the rest of the night. Here's hoping she sleeps through tonight!

The make up is the same in both pics but the bottom pic shows of the eye colour better. I look like I'm about to fall asleep in it though, yuck!


No comments:

Post a Comment