Thursday 16 May 2013

Daytime, Nightime, Any Hour...

Ha, I wonder if anyone could guess what song I was humming to myself as I wrote that title?

Anyway, today I wanted to create a day through evening makeup look that could be worn in the office, a hen party, at a wedding, anywhere you want a polished look for daytime and jazz it up for evening.

Ideally you want the base to last all day so cleanse, tone, moisturise, wait for these to sink in and then apply a primer. This will hold the foundation in place and stop it from going patchy and then powder after the concealer to set it all.

For the daytime look I used my Bourjois Smokey Eyes palette in Vintage Rose. I started with a wash of the lightest colour, blended the middle shade across the outer eye and into the middle and added the darker colour into the crease and outer corner of the eyes. I lined the lop lashes with brown gel liner and then smudged the darker colour from the palette over the top of it. 
Finally I ran some of the darker colour underneath my bottom lashes, curled my lases and applied a couple of coats of mascara.  

I'm wearing a light pink blusher, some bronzer and red lipstick that I've blotted well and added a nude lip gloss to.


To intensify the look I used my Lancome Hypnose Mon Smokey eye shadows. 
I went over the eyeliner & under my eyes with the black eyeshadow. I used a pencil brush but you could use cotton buds. Hold a tissue to protect your cheeks as the dark powder will probably spill and it's a bugger to remove. I also ran the black sparkly shadow over the top for added glamour, lined my inner rims with black eyeliner & applied another coat of mascara to the top lashes.

The only other thing I did was add a bit more blush, add some of the pink sparkly eye shadow to the tops of my cheeks and redo the lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment