Friday 17 May 2013

Classic Smokey Eyes for the Weekend

Since I'm to have had a smokey eye week I wanted to finish up with a classic dark grey look.

I generally find that greys can look a bit dull on me as I have dark hair and brows so I thought I'd try starting the look with a purple base to add a bit of warmth. I coloured the whole of my lids in with a soft purple eye pencil as purple brings out the brown in my eyes. From there I used my Mon Smokey palette by Lancome which I've used in every look this week and I think they all look pretty different, don't you think?

A smokey eye means that the darkest colour is at the base of the eye and, as it reaches the crease it smokes out to gradually lighter shades.

Over the purple pencil I applied the mid grey over the entire lid and blended it up over my brow bone. I then applied the black to the lash line, blended it upwards and applied the glittery black all over the lids. I mirrored the look under my bottom lashes and applied the lightest grey from the palette to the inner corners of my eyes.
I then lined my inner rims heavily with black eyeliner. Finally, I ran the lighter colour just under my brow bone, curled my lashes, applied false lashes and then mascara.

I think this look really needs a well groomed and strong brow (eek, mine are due for a wax this weekend so had to stop myself from plucking!) and not much else so that the focus stays on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment