Thursday 11 April 2013

Bright lips. Bold brows.

Today, I decided a bright, statement lip was needed.

Bright, bold lips and bushy brows were all over the SS'13 catwalks with eyes kept very minimal to keep it balanced. I think it's very pretty and wearable.

I adore the top left hand look in the below image and wish I could bleach my brows but I'm not sure it would work on me - what with my dark hair and huge Jewish nose!

Image coutesy of http://looksbylaura.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/ss13-trend-statement-lips.html
For my first look I used my orangey/ red Mandarin lip pencil by Lord & Berry, which I LOVE. 
Orange reds suit me better than blue reds and I love it when I find a good'un. I then applied a Kryolan red lippy over the top which I think is called True Red.  

I used my Benefit Brow Zings again after re-discovering it yesterday. The pigmented wax fills in gaps and keeps your brows in place as you go. The darker powder sets it whilst adding depth which I also love. 

For my skin I wanted a nice, natural glow. I wanted to use my YSL Le Teint Touche Eclait but the shade I have is a too dark for me so I mixed in a drop of my trusty Illamasqua Skin Base. It worked out well actually as the YSL foundation is quite sheer so the Skin Base gave a little extra coverage. I also added a little of my Illamasqua Gleam in Aurora to enhance the glow.



So easy to quickly change lip colours so I thought I'd try out the two-tone trend. 
I used a combination of bright orange on the bottom lip and pink on the top, blending some of each colour into the other lip. Both lip colours from my Kryolan lip palettes from Charles Fox London.

No comments:

Post a Comment