Friday 26 April 2013

Make up tips for glasses wearers

When I started wearing glasses a few years ago (over 10 actually, yikes) I was wasn't really sure what make up to wear with them. I was still getting used to wearing glasses and never seemed to get it quite right.

A decade of playing around and I've worked out that, during the day I just like to enhance my eyes to help them stand out but not look too 'done'.  


Glasses can sometimes magnify the eye area so I feel it's particularly important to get my under eye concealer right so that my dark circles are well camouflaged.
I apply pencil eyeliner above the top lashes (here I've used a dark plum) and smudge it a little with a similar coloured eye shadow. This softens the look and sets the pencil. I run the same brush I used to smudge the pencil liner just below my bottom lashes too.
I like to curl my lashes, apply mascara and then comb through the lashes to avoid any clumps.
A bit of blush, lip balm/ gloss and I'm good to go about my business!

From there, if I'm at work or out and about, I can either build up the eye make up to make a more smokey look or add a bright lippy. I find that it's one or the other for me.

Below you can see I've spent more time building up the eye make up, making the eyeliner thicker and winging it out very slightly. I've also built up the colour so that it's heavier and more of a smokey look.
I added more blush then tried a couple of lip options, the first image below is a purple lipgloss with a nude shimmery gloss patted on top. The second image is the same eye make up with a pink gloss.

Which of the three looks you prefer?




No comments:

Post a Comment