Monday 22 April 2013

A colourful & fun look of the day!

After a few bridal looks last week and a make up free weekend, I fancied a pop of colour on my face to match the glorious sunshine outside. Yay, spring is here!!!

After reading an article about the Brazilian fashion week I was inspired to create a colourful & fun look for my eyes so grabbed my pigment pots, Sleek & MUA colour palettes and got to work!

I started with blue on my lids, adding a darker blue into the socket, yellow at the inner corner and then green at the outside corder and over my the brow bone. The trick to a look like this is to blend the colours into each other well to avoid any harsh lines.

I started with a blue eyeliner but ended up going over it with purple to help bring out the yellow. 
I don't have a yellow pigment and since the blue and green colours were pigments so more bright and vibrant than shadow, the yellow was getting a bit lost. Purple is a complimentary colour for yellow it so helps to make the yellow stand out. Purple also really suits my eye colour so was a good choice to lift the whole look I think.

When using pigments or dark eye shadows I do my eyes first and base second as there's always a lot of fallout to clear up. To finish the look I lightly contoured my cheekbones, added a warm coral pink blush and dabbed an orangey red gloss on my lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment