Monday 29 April 2013

Dark lips don't always = goth.

For my look of the day today I was inspired by one of my favourite lip liners, Nightmoth by Mac

I expect some people are put off wearing dark lipstick for fear of looking too heavy or gothic. But done right I think it can look very slick and modern. Even black lipstick. The trick is to keep everything else clean and light. 


I wanted a fresh, light base with good coverage so used a moisturising primer by Body Shop followed by Illamasqua's Skin Base and Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer. I used Illamasqua's Rude cream blusher and set this and the foundation with Mac's Translucent powder.

For my eyes I washed them over with Mac Shroom, an off white, shimmery eye shadow and blended Illamasqua Heroin eye shadow into the crease to add a little depth. I lined the top lashes with black felt tip liner by L'Oreal and applied Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I also lined my water line with a peachy pencil called Vow by Illamasqua.

I think the key to this look is to balance the dark lips with the rest of the face. 

After lining & filling in the lips with Mac Nightmoth lip liner, I blended in a little Illamasqua Pristine lipstick, which is a matte black and cleaned up any mistakes around the lips with a cotton bud and a brush dipped in concealer. 
I didn't need a bright blusher so contoured my cheeks with Illamasqua Heroin eye shadow under the cheekbones and Illamasqua Intrigue Blusher on top, which is a white blush - one of my favourite and most used products. I added warmth with a hint of apricot blusher by Bourjois.

As a final touch I added some extra highlight to the high points of my face with Illamasqua's Gleam.

An added bonus to this look is that by going for a big statement lip, you're distracted from the two mountainous spots on my chin!

1 comment:

  1. Nice tips, but i've one more to add to this is Lip Lite. With the help of which now it is possible to get rid of dark lips. It is an all in one solution to all lip-related troubles. Most importantly, LipLite is a result of a profound research and one of its kind in the Lip De- pigmentation sector. Also, it is a non greasy formula which does not allow dust or any harmful substance to stick on your lips. Hence, it is the best lip treatment for dark lips.

    ReplyDelete